4K Ultra HD Movies in the wild

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Shane, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Shane

Shane Active Member

Saw these at Best Buy. $25-$40

Players were $399 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458072479.078755.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458072487.777949.jpg

2. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member

I was an early Blu-ray adopter with that POS first Samsung player. Not going down that road again for some time. When Oppo releases a player I will most likely make the jump.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

I noticed most of the discs come with BD and are not much more so I think I will start buying them even though I have no 4K TVs are players because I hate the rebuy deal and I know that eventually I will have 4K stuff all around.

Max

4. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Question for you guys. I decided to purchase Ultra HD Package of The Revenant rather than the regular Blu Ray release because I know I'll be upgrading to a 4K TV and Ultra Blu Ray player in the near future. Are you guys doing the same or sticking with the regular BD Purchases? I figured I would do this rather than Double Dip, which was the case when I started upgrading all of my movies from DVD to Blu Ray.

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

For now I'm not buying movies at all. I figure by the time I buy a player, disc prices will be cheaper. If I had to own the movie, I'd probably consider the Ultra HD combo pack.

6. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I'll admit that I do more streaming than buying discs, and there are some movies that are worth the purchase of a physical copy, so I'm not expecting to buy many movies in the future. I was already a bit hesitant purchasing The Force Awakens because of the lack of Extra features, and to be honest, I watch my digital copy from Amazon more than the disc.

Sent using LG G5

7. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I don't buy as many movies as I used to (also use Netflix and Amazon Prime to stream) and the ones I buy are just regular Blu-Rays. When Oppo has announcements to make (perhaps CEDIA towards the end of the year) about a forthcoming UHD player, I'll start thinking about it and looking more. Have just one UHD TV in a secondary system and it will be that way for a bit.

8. Shane

Shane Active Member

Just make sure your display is not only UHD but HDR as well