Ahem - Denon DP-300f Turntable

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by Chris Smith, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

So this is a bit late, as I haven't been around much, but I figured I'd let you know one of the things you guys did to me.

I purchased my first turntable 6-8 months ago. Nothing fancy, a Denon DP-300f, stock cartridge and using the built-in pre-amp. Using it to listen to a lot of Dad Rock (aka the albums my Dad left in the garage) and some newer stuff that I've been buying here and there.

I don't have golden ears. I'm honestly not sure if I can tell the difference between a CD/MP3/Vinyl. But there is something about the process of taking out a record and putting it on and then not being about to skip a song or something like that which I'm really enjoying.

I had a lot of problems with my floors in the beginning since I live in a 50+ year old home with wood floors so every time someone would walk a little heavy the thing would skip. A couple of weekends ago I wall-mounted it and that's been a world of difference.

I never used a turntable before I purchased on. My Dad went all-in on CDs and got our first CD player in 86 when I was 6, so it's all I've really known. I'm having a fun time playing around with it, though!

2. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Awesome... Wall mounting is good and you could also look at some isopod type things. You don't have to get anything expensive. Just sorbothane pucks or hemispheres.

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

4. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Yeah the thicker sorbothane works well. I use them and spikes under mine and I dont have too much trouble at all.

CJ likes this.