"Bosch" (Prime)

Discussion in 'Television' started by Denton, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Jeff mentioned this series a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, Dustin may have mentioned it, too. My wife cued up the first season and my initial reaction was not good. It looked like some of the usual generic police show characters. But I've grown fond of the show and we are now into season 4. YMMV.

2. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Wiped out season 5 of Bosch and enjoyed it. They may have enough in the tank for yet more season(s) to come.

Jerry Edgar: Golf is a great sport.
    Harry Bosch: Golf is not a great sport. If you can smoke and drink while doing it, it's not a sport.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  3. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Binged watched the 5th season over the weekend. Not sure how many "The Wire" fans are here but there were three additional characters alongside Jamie Hector (Marlo Stansfield), Lance Reddick (Cedrick Daniels), and Elisa Davis (Bubbles sister).

Kwame Patterson (Monk Metalf), Chris Ashworth (Boris/Sergei Malatov), and Antonio D. Charity (Officer Tillman) are also part of season 5.

For me, Bosch was never a "must watch", but it still holds my interest. I definitely need to read the books, as I've been more curious about the "sub plots" of characters such as Jerry Edgar, Lt. Billets, and Irvin Irving.

Bosch's daughter appears to be coming into her own during this season, and I see a bit of Meadow Soprano in her maturation as she'sbeginning to find her niche in life as a young adult.

I'm hoping for a season 6 as Jerry Edgar's character just stepped into a world that has the potential to not only affect his life, but his ex-wife and kids as well.

Denton likes this.
  4. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I love the theme music too.

Denton likes this.