Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dennis Pagoulatos, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Well-Known Member

A follow-up to the not-exactly-beloved 2014 Godzilla film.
    This one fully embraces the cheese and reminded me of Independence Day in overall tone which means if you're like me you'll find yourself chuckling during scenes meant to be "serious" but still have a good time due to the action and spectacle of it all.
    The monsters look great and if you grew up with Godzilla movies as a kid like I did, you will probably have a big smile on your face through most of this movie. Smashy smashy fun!
    The very definition of "check your brain at the door" yet somehow still enjoyable.

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Cool! The trailer looked great and did I also see Gidra the three headed monster as a co-star? I saw everyone I could as a kid.

Dennis Pagoulatos likes this.
  3. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Well-Known Member

Yes. Ghidora (sp?) plays a prominent role and is (spoiler alert) AWESOME! :grinning:

4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I guessed at spelling, but I remember good ole "electric breath" well.

5. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

The 2014 movie was lacking in action but imo was well written and acted and was a decent movie, this is a sequel by different writer and director and reverted.back to action and plot writing so I guess it gave fans what they wanted. ;).

I was a little disappointed because they lowered the IQ but they did up the action. The old monsters were cool to see, they added a few new ones and it is heavily tied to Kong Skull Island.

One of the things that impressed me in the first one was the well fleshed out military leader who returned for this movie. In the last it did my heart good to see him as intelligent and thoughtful and not just a 2D drop in but in this movie the military went back to being stooges and the one actor who is a great actor seemed stuck along for the ride.

Max