golfers...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by DYohn, Jun 27, 2020.

1. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I was picking up debris in my back yard at 9 this morning when a huge group of six golf carts pulled up outside my fence, no masks nor social distancing in sight. One of them asked if I would flip him his ball that he had hit into my yard, which I did. I asked him, "Why don't golfers wear masks?" He replied, "They get in the way of drinking."
    IMG_1103.jpg

2. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Offer them a tasty methanol Margarita.

DYohn likes this.
  3. DYohn

Hopefully they are not out there enjoying Covid Cocktails.

Denton likes this.
  4. Denton

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    DYohn likes this.
  5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Even here in NJ (where we were hit hard, but we're doing better than most of the country now) the golfers are amongst the worst about following any social distancing.

And it's a high risk group of mostly older, and many overweight (I am one, I know) high risk people.

Rick C and DYohn like this.
  6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

7. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Funny. Outside. Breezy. No
    Masks. Probably safe. But ya never know! Were you wearing a mask? Gloves? Did ya wash your hands afterwards?

8. DYohn

Yes. No. Yes.

Safe? Whatever. They are violating county and city mask ordinances.

9. DYohn

I spoke via Skype on Friday with a co-worker (healthy guy in his thirties) who was out for two months with Covid-19 and who has now recovered and is trying to get back into the swing of things. He looks like a ghost and is still suffering from blinding head-aches two or three times a week. After he came out of the hospital he had to learn how to walk again and he says he still lacks balance. That virus doesn't joke around. People who think they are immune or that it's some sort of political hoax are fucking idiots.

Denton and Carl V like this.
  10. Carl V

I have a couple of patients/acquaintances who came down with Covid. The two were in theIr 30s early 40s. One got it because he works in a prison. The other got it because he was working in a school. At the time they weren’t wearing mask as often as they should have. So yes the virus is deadly or debilitating.

DYohn likes this.
  11. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Real American macho conservatives don't need no stinking face mask or social distancing. Don't tread on our pursuit of life, liberty and happiness (err stupidness)!

You snowflake pinko liberals do whatever you want. Leave us alone. :rage:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    Carl V likes this.
  12. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I'm not excusing these people but part of the problem is the illness ranges from people who have had the virus and never even knew it to death and everything in between. People are having lung scarring or no symptoms. Kids are completely fine or they get toxic shock syndrome. Facts never stopped certain people but a lack of facts leaves a HUGE hole for fear mongering and manipulation.

We've never really tested in this country where the line of "yelling fire in a crowded theater" actually is.

I wish the virus only killed those who didn't follow the rules but it doesn't.

Kenny Stultz and DYohn like this.
  13. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Covid-19 attaches to ACE2 receptors to infect. Apparently testicles have high prevalence of ACE2 receptors. There is a possibility that may leave younger men sterile or with low sperm counts later.

14. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Jesus. Put it on the list.

15. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

My son is at his first day of "golf camp today". One week of half day lessons, then in a couple of weeks, a week of full day instruction.

I spent a couple of summers at a course as a teenager. Typical low 80's golfer, long hitter for my size, but that is not what counts. I was obsessed up until I was about 30. Then I basically just stopped playing, it was taking too much time. Good luck and enjoy the game, I basically have no decent advice.

16. Carl V

Nobody in the thread is starting golfing. David is annoyed that the golfers behind his home (Mesa Arizona?) we’re not following city or county ordinances. As of June 22 that city enacted mask requirements

However, there are loopholes.
    quote from their municipal site— their governor, left up to mayors!
    ((((((Do I have to wear a face covering while outdoors?

No, face coverings are not required while exercising, walking or spending time outside as long as physical distancing of six feet is maintained between you and anyone that is not a part of your household. If you’re walking or exercising outside with members of your own household, you do not need to wear a face covering even if you are within six feet from one another.)))).

so, it gets Down to the 6 foot social distancing.

17. Carl V

Ona related note local rules seem to vary. The native tribes are much more strict in Arizona or New Mexico. Of course we have the vocal anti-Vaxxer’s and “ constitutional rights proponents”.

Human nature never disappoints.

18. Denton

Right you are, Carl. I don't wear a mask when riding my bike. But I may change my mind if gnats return in the numbers I saw last week. :flushed: BTW, as a cyclist, Carl, do I swallow the gnats whole or chew them up? :wink:

19. Carl V

Apparently you need the protein.

20. DYohn

Stay safe, Carl.