I'm over it (local weather)

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by Dustin B, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

We usually get a week or two once sometimes twice over the entire winter. This February has just been stupid. 50b643f925a4412e894b8a5582242470.jpg

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

3. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

The fuck. That is uninhabitable. It's been below freezing a few times here in Dallas and I am wishing for July. Rather sear polyester to my skin than go through that sort of cold.

4. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

At this point (for me), positive wind chill temperatures at those points are too cold for me.

5. Dustin B

Keep in mind I'm in Canada and all those are in Celsius. -40 is where the scales match and 1C temp change is a 1.8F change.

6. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Yeah, that sucks. I'm over it here and we're nowhere near that bad. We're facing 10+ days of single digit temps and lower wind chills after a decent amount of snow by our standards so none of the snow is melting. Its a real PITA right now.

7. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

Dustin, it is pretty bad here two. About -20 when I got up this morning, with wind chills much colder.

8. Dustin B

If the weather network is to be believed they claim there will be an abrupt change to spring. Exactly when they don't know they just figure we'll go from well below 0 to well above 0 in a week or two and stay there. I hope they are right and it happens soon.

Decided when/how you're getting your boat home Chris?

9. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Where's that global warming when we need it!:wink::wink:

10. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Growing up in butte Montana we had our fair share of frigid winters. But I recall visiting a friend in Green Bay. COLD. FRIGID. LAKE EFFECT cold. Ugh. I recall skiing in the whistler mountains & the buggabos -30.cold! But damn Green Bay and the U.P. In Michigan really cut yo the bone.

11. Chris Slade

Made the first call putting the transport guy in touch with the dealer today.

12. Chris Slade

A very recent picture of my corner of the planet.

This is Nova Scotia, Halifax at the arrow (where I live). Island in the middle is Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province. To the left of the peninsula (Nova Scotia) is New Brunswick, and the top left would be the east most portion of Quebec. Friggin cold here.

The large bay is the Bay of Fundy, where the world's highest tides are. Due to the ocean warming, great white sharks have started to visit this bay (or at least we are noticing).

For scale from Halifax I could be anywhere in Nova Scotia in under 5 hours of driving. This image kind of shows why I am not too concerned about my boat making it to this part of the country in a hurry.

The home of member Jason Lorette would also be shown in this picture in New Brunswick.

sat.jpg

13. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I've already had 4 days this year where I had the windows open and enjoyed fresh air. I currently live outside of Charlotte North Carolina. On the crappy weather side; last year we had almost triple the rainfall amount compared to Seattle. Since I moved here almost 2 yrs ago, they said the weather has been way outside the norm for rainfall, heat, and humidity. One more year of it and I may be kicked out.

14. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

OK, this is nuts. While the east coast swelters, we have had about 10 deg. cooler than normal for over a week, and for the last two days it's rained heavily, with hail and sleet over night. To top it off, this afternoon we just had a full hour at 34 deg. with heavy wet actual snow. A good month too early. Freakin' weird.

15. aussiefooty

aussiefooty Member

That’s not too bad for autumn/fall. It’s spring here