John Wick : Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Denton, May 18, 2019.

1. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I enjoyed the first 2 films in this series, especially the original, so I was excited to see Chapter 3. Two hours plus of expertly choreographed violence later I'm not so excited.

Directed by Chad Stahelski.

I'm reminded a bit of Burt Reynolds movies and Hal Needham. Needham, like Stahelski, had a background in stunt work but moved up to directing. The entertainment quality of Needham's films went downhill over time. Lots of stunts, not much story-telling. Stahelski may be headed the same way. YMMV. :thumbsdown:

Jack Keck likes this.
  2. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Burt Reynolds and Keanu Reeves... seems like an apt comparison actually.

Jack Keck likes this.
  3. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Active Member

LOL

4. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

My wife and I saw John Wick 3 last night. Local Movie Tavern has $5 tickets for tuesday night shows and our favorite wing joint has half off wings on Tuesdays. Win Win.

Movie started off very good, was quite interesting and had somewhat of a story. But derailed for a bit and got a little boring. Kill count is very high. A good chunk of the movie could have been edited out, though we'd be left with a very short movie. Some parts felt like a Michael Bay movie as the fight scenes went on for WAAAAY to long. Beginning was great, ending was good. Middle was meh.

5. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I missed this in theaters unfortunately but immediately pre-ordered on iTunes. It should drop on 8/23. Looking forward to it.

6. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

This franchise seems to never disappoint. The fight sequences are just insane. I'm not expecting Liam Neeson from "Taken" as far as dialogue, so with that said, I'm here for the action.

7. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Active Member Donor

I beg to differ. I was a bit confused by the first but realized it's a sort of comics thing, so apprecitated the second one more, but the third, my god ...
    I am thinking of giving my three blus away to charity, I don't think I'll ever rewatch this stuff ever again. Good fight scenes and nice scenery don't make a movie, much less three.
    And to think of how good it could have been, with just a little bit of plot, of meaning, of evolution, of thought ...

8. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

I saw the two of these, and I admit the fight scenes are well done. I'm not a gamer, but these movies and their high body count made me think that this is what video games must be like. Two were plenty for me.

9. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I was watching a review of this film on youtube and the reviewer described the action sequences as "Kill Streaks", meaning the higher the kill score, the better weapons you receive during your fight, such as the two dogs.