Just got back from a trip to Mexico City

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Saurav, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Saurav

Saurav Well-Known Member

Buenos dias, señores

That's all the Spanish I learned. Business trip, our equipment wasn't working for one of their TV studios, and with the world cup approaching, this escalated pretty quickly, so a few of us had to go in and stabilize things.

Mexico City was pretty interesting. The traffic felt more like India than America, except the honking was closer to American levels. The women in general seemed more 'sexed up' to me, tight jeans and low cut shirts everywhere. This may partly be because I was mostly in a TV Studio, but even billboards and TV shows, everything was sexier. We got to watch a talk show being recorded / broadcast live, and it was very easy to tell the on-screen people from the crew, even when they were sitting around.

Ate some pretty good Mexican food too. I'd usually ask my friends to order something for me that I couldn't get in America, and that worked well. Oh and Coke with real sugar :)

2. Allen

Allen Active Member

We have a couple Mexican restaurants we go to regularly; our son loves the Coke there b/c it's with real sugar.

Latino women ALL are more "sexed up", based on the Spanish-language TV shows our cleaning lady watches. We went to a middle school graduation yesterday that included several Latino students; the women most tarted up in the audience were Latino.

How was the pollution, Saurav? When I was in Mexico City years ago, it was pretty bad.

3. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

SEXED UP...that's a good description.

Even My Mother noticed lotsa Camel toes
    while in Bogata 2 years ago....of course her comment
    was tight fitting pants & Shirts or Lotsa Cleavage.

She commented that I must feel like I've died & gone
    to heaven.

Now back at Saurav....last year I was in India
    I notced lotsa sexy Saris/sarees (sp?) worn by the younger women.
    Lotsa necklaces dangling into cleavage....waist~laces
    going down low as well...definately drawing your eyes
    & attention. AND LOW CUT skirts. I had a very sore neck most
    nites. And some pretty darned sheer tops/scarves. Oh & a great
    time was had by all. I was told things have changed quite a bit
    in the last 25 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  4. Saurav

Saurav Well-Known Member

It was probably a combination of the pollution and the altitude, but every time I climbed up a flight of stairs I felt old. And we did it a few times every day since it was faster to cross the freeway by walking across the bridge and then flagging down a taxi on the other side, than taking a taxi on your own side and going through the off/on ramps in rush hour traffic.

Carl: Yeah, the way Indian women dress has definitely changed.

I wasn't complaining about that in Mexico :) I also approve of their idea of a sexy woman :) The only billboards with anorexic women looking vaguely off into the distance were things like Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent.

5. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

yeah in India & latin American Countries...the notion of SEXY isn't
    always the Anorexic waif...no-sirreee, we're talking Curves.

6. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert Active Member

You can get Mexican Coke at Costco. I love it...on those rare occasions I let myself drink a pop.. :2tu:

7. Saurav

Saurav Well-Known Member

Yeah I have a friend at work who picks up a case frequently. I don't think buying that much coke would be good for me :)