Lost In Space

Discussion in 'Television' started by Ron-P, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

New Netflix, reboot of a great series. So love what I see so far and hope they do justice to the original. Even the movie was good. Super excited for this...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

Thanks for sharing. One of my favorite things to play for people (and ask if they know who it is) is the first cut from Bill Mumy's CD (and the whole CD is pretty good)

Barry_NJ likes this.
  3. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

Just finished the first episode. Really well done. Has some serious potential. If the rest of the series matches or betters the first episode this will be a must watch.

4. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member

The production value is there and blows away the movie in that regard. I’ve watched most of the series now and I am a bit bored by it. Still, better than I expected from the trailers.

5. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

We watched the first episode last night. Was bored to tears until the robot showed up, and the family drama is TOOO TV soap opera. I hope they cut back on that crap.

6. murrayb

murrayb Well-Known Member

Watched the entire series over Friday and Saturday. Really enjoyed it, although it got a little too melodramatic from time to time. It doesn’t have the comedic elements of the original and this version of Smith is much more of a psycopath than the original; neither of which is a bad thing. Hope it comes back for a season 2.

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

Phil, no one answered if they know but he was the boy on lost n space and was also on B5.

8. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Watched it over the weekend. Good popcorn show. Thought the Dr Smith character played by Parker Posey was a bit over the top. Loved the pic and sound. Shook the crap out of my house without running the subs hot. I was shocked. Gotta tell the landlord there is some loose drywall. LOL

Trivia: The real Dr Smith you see in Ep 1 is the original Will Robinson. ;)

9. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member

Through episode 3, and I'm enjoying it. Not the greatest TV, but far from the worst.

10. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor

I'll give this one a solid adequate. I'm not mad that I watched it, but I'll wait for the reviews on season 2. If they do it.

11. Brandth

Brandth Active Member

Late to the party on this one.

We watched all the episodes and for me it was a struggle. Like DYohn mentioned, there was way too much soap opera stuff going on, and add to that the suspension of belief for a lot of the show, especially the ending, like floating around space on a chunk of a spacecraft that just happens to have power to help save them.

Hoping season 2 is much more action packed or I'll have to ditch this one.