New great idea....

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Mike, Oct 1, 2014.

1. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

:2tu:

2. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

He could leave them outside for a few days and call them "Infused with Earth Energy (swamp)."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  3. Mike

Mike Bon Vivant Donor Top Poster

They wont. They will just look cool as all ass!

Things can have value just because they look cool. :)

I also heard many times at the audiophile meeting that the people were really pleased that I had chosen not to build a cabinet around the horns and to allow them to look all "industrial" like.

Hell, any couch will do, but an ultra modern design will win with me every time...even if it is less comfortable.

4. Mike

Tom, they were not so much interested in the "sound" of the wires, but more how I dressed them up.

5. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

Shoot, Tampa? Forgot about that. Oh, well, the next time the orange groves freeze throw them outside for the night.

6. Mike B

Mike B Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

People like to build stuff, and more power to 'em I say. Most folks won't attempt electronics, but hey, cables are easy. Especially speaker cables. All brute force, no finesse required. No stripping and soldering of coaxial shields.

Why don't you try some of that fat ass Home Depot extension stuff? I think I remember some "contest" on the internet where it won out over all the "boutique" stuff. Or is that what you are using now?

I had an enjoyable time making signal IC's from that fat RF cable I have a spool of. Especially when I found that I could tell no difference between the ones I made and those Silver Serpents I got from Mike. I'm looking forward to making a set of customs for the garage stereo. They are going to be quarter inch phone plugs to RCA.

Oh, I see, the "audiophiles" were not concerned about the sound, just the "look"

Yeah, that makes sense - :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  7. Mike

They were not concerned about the sound of the wires.

My wires look pretty cool, so they asked about them.