New LIVE CHAT function

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by CJ, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Based on an idea proposed by a few members and the low cost and effort, I installed a chat module today.

This module added a tab at the top of the page as well as a sidebar widget on the main page that take you to a real life 1990's style chat room! I know, right! Shoutbox | Home Theater Lounge

Everyone should be able to post messages and limited BB code, including URLs and images. If you cannot post in the chat, please reply to this thread and let me know.

A few guidelines and rules.

1. No content is allowed in the chat which would not be allowed in the general forum. That means no NSFW images or links, no political discussions, and no private or personal information.
    2. I am able to prune the chat, and when I do so, the contents will be archived here - Shoutbox chat archive As such, see #1. If you don't want something appearing in the archive thread, don't post it in the chat.
    3. Please avoid using the chat for conversations that really should be thread topics. As recently discussed relating to the HTL Facebook page, having centralized, on-topic, organized, searchable, archived topics is the whole point of a forum and what makes them work. Asking which speaker to buy in the chat really hurts the forum structure, hurts the search engine optimization, and won't produce the desired structured conversation.
    We will be pretty liberal with the structure of the chat outside of rule #1. The original inspiration for the chat module was an idea to organize chat nights where members would be online at the same time and maybe organize group listening sessions where we all spin the same album together.

2. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Chat is live, don't forget to drop by and say hi.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

I was there for a bit but ended up getting caught up helping my wife out with a CPR and Wilderness First Aid class.

Max