Our recent trip to Yosemite...

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dennis Pagoulatos, May 20, 2019.

1. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Well-Known Member

I managed to snag a day off from work a couple of weeks ago and did a last minute 2 day trip to Yosemite Valley to check out the waterfalls at peak flow. We had a very rainy winter in CA and the snowpack was at 176% of average, so that equals big waterfalls...and it did not disappoint..especially Yosemite Falls, which was absolutely incredible.
    Yosemite Falls - Wikipedia
    My kids didn't really have a good memory of being there (7 years since our last visit) so this was a good refresher course!
    One could easily spend years exploring all of the nooks and crannies of Yosemite (over 1,100 square miles)...but seeing the Valley during late spring is something that should be on everyone's bucket list.
    Yosemite National Park - Wikipedia

Here is a short video of our experience...just to get the flavor of the place:

Enjoy!

Rick C likes this.
  2. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Amazing video Dennis! The photography is stunning, and the boys are great. That's a lot of water, must have made an impressive amount of noise, especially the rapids. Thanks for sharing.

Dennis Pagoulatos likes this.
  3. Dennis Pagoulatos

Thanks John!

4. Rick C

Rick C Active Member

Nice video. We must make a visit there! It looks beautiful.

Dennis Pagoulatos likes this.
  5. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Your post and video helped us decide to hit Yosemite. It was on both of our bucket lists and other plans for CA were not panning out so we are heading there for a week in July. Looking forward to it.

Denton and Dennis Pagoulatos like this.
  6. Dennis Pagoulatos

That is awesome! Have a great time and let me know if you need any info.
    Quick tip- since you are going in July, definitely set aside time to go to Glacier Point; and from there it's only a few miles to the Mariposa Grove (giant sequioa grove inside the park).
    Glacier Point gives you an incredible view into the valley from about 3200 feet above and is easily accessible (parking lot and short stroll to the viewpoint). It will be super crowded, but that is to be expected in the summer.
    Other easy recommendations in the valley itself:
    -Swinging Bridge for great view of Yosemite Falls (in my video)
    -Tunnel View- iconic view of the valley (last shot of my video)
    -Short hike/walk to base of Yosemite Falls (in video)
    -Sunday brunch at Ahwahnee Hotel (now called Majestic Yosemite Hotel)- expensive but so worth it.

If you don't mind a longer walk/ hike:
    Vernal Falls/ Nevada Falls hike (Mist Trail):
    Vernal Fall and Nevada Fall Trails - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)