Podcasts you enjoy

Discussion in 'Vlogs and Podcasts' started by Chris Slade, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

Just looking for recommendations, I am kind of new to the podcast world. I have been listening a bit to crap like Gary Vee and some financial stuff, nothing that exciting. Looking for interesting content.

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

There was a pretty good thread from a few months ago that had some great suggestions:
    So, what's on your podcast list? What app are you using?

My list is still mostly the same, I've added a few and one of my favorites (We Have Concerns) ended, but it's still a great starting point.

3. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

Thanks, I missed that thread all together.

I started with podcasts in Spotify. Not sure if they can be sped up or if the selection is wide. I'll snoop around a bit more. If that is not good I could just download an android app I assume and connect to my speakers with blu, not too worried about sound quality with podcasts.

4. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor

I still listen to a lot of my list, but I've added:
    H3 Podcast - I caught Bert Kreischer on there and caught a few others. Not bad.
    Tim Dillon is going to hell - On gas digital but releases a few days later. New York Comic. Gay guy with a conservative slant. I'm digging it.

I'm almost 100% comedy lately. I'm just not interested in anything heavy while I'm out in the shop.

5. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

Presently listening to "Up and Vanished", which I think is not in prior thread. Pretty good. Another true crime podcast.

6. DustinDavis

Lately I have been enjoying physicist Sean Carroll's Mindscape as well. Always enjoyed him on StarTalk and Joe Rogan Experience and on Sam Harris podcast as a guest.

7. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

The Rewatchables is good if you like movie podcasts

8. DustinDavis

OK, Up and Vanished hugely overrated. Just went on and on, repeating the same uninformed speculation, with the same questions from listeners. Skipped a huge amount and then didn't finish it.

9. DustinDavis

13 Minutes To The Moon. Mini series about Apollo 11 landing on the moon. Really outstanding.