So last year after moving to Florida and spending a few months in storage my receiver developed a... Quirk. I posted about it but it just kind of worked its self out and stopped one day. The past few weeks it developed a new quirk. After being off all night it was becoming non responsive when I'd select an HDMI input. Well, it would change to the input but no signal. I only have 2 sources (PS3 and AppleTv) so I'd toggle between the two inputs 2 or 3 times and the image would finally appear. Then it became anytime the receiver was turned off, not just after 6-8 hours. This morning it just didn't want to lock on until after a few toggles. I had to take my mother-in-law to the airport so I had some time to research while waiting and found that it had been somewhat of a common issue and most say a receiver reset cured the issue. So I came home, wrote down all l my settings (and by wrote I mean entered into my phones note pad) and then on with the reset. Once I turned it back on it immediately locked onto the input (yay) and I plugged in all of my settings. I turned on some music and it would appear new life has been breathed into the system. I had just gotten used to the tone it gave me but resetting it seems to have done some happy voodoo to it. So, I'm happy with the 8 minutes of work I invested into the task. FYI - nothing changed. I didn't have to disconnect anything, remove anything, move anything etc. Just pressed a few buttons together and it did the rest.