Room acoustics

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by chad, Aug 19, 2008.

1. chad

chad Well-Known Member Top Poster

Been talking with Bryan from GIK. He is a regular poster at the "shack" which is one of the HT based sites I can still use from work. He has been a huge resource and I'm going to buy 6 panels from him to start. I'll be doing my own frames and coverings, so, they are not going to cost an arm and a leg.

We have decided that to start I should do one panel behind my front right and left speaker. I'm going to split one long ways and put one half on either side of the window as that will be a reflection point. I'll probably put one behind the center speaker. I need to figure out what to do with the other 2 panels. I'm thinking cut them in half and put them behind the 4 surround speakers?

A little later down the road I'll probably get a few more and maybe get one on the ceiling. and elsewhere.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the screen case. I just keep putting it off but it's really annoying. I wonder if once I get the other treatments up it will even be an issue any more.