Santa Clarita Diet

Discussion in 'Television' started by Dustin B, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

I just finished season 2. The final scene almost had me in tears. The over the top macabre combine with the chemistry between Barimore and Olyphant, highly recommended.

CJ likes this.
  2. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I liked S1. I commented to my wife that S2 dropped and her reaction was meh. So I may be watching this alone.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

Interesting I have oddly lost my love for Zombie movies, and have tended to not get caught up the current craze but my wife binged season 1 and I really enjoyed it, a couple weeks ago she binged season over the weekend I was really drawn in. The first season was good, the second season which I would not have sought out on my own seems to have really upped its game. Maybe they got better writers but I really expected it to kind of flop and they really went up instead of down.

This coming from a former lover of all things Zombie like but I just lost interest in any thing Zombie about the time Walking Dead started.

4. CJ

Walking Dead drove zombies into the fucking ground. That show started good to maybe great IMO but got F---ing terrible.

RJ likes this.
  5. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

I quit Walking Dead cold turkey a couple of seasons ago. Interminable unwatchable tedious tiresome nonsense.

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

But coincidentally I added Santa Clarita Diet to my queue just a week ago or so and the wife seems interested. Will be watching it when we can.

7. RJ

RJ Member

I couldn't really get into this one. Just didn't seem to do it for me. Maybe I'll check it out at a later time and see if it engages me then.

I agree that The Walking Dead has kinda saturated my need for zombie flicks. The producers sure know how to stretch a buck out of the concept. Probably why I like 28 Days Later so much....28 days and its over, perfect amount of time if you ask me.

8. CJ

Arguably they don’t, which is the problem.

DustinDavis likes this.
  9. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

Season 3 is out.

10. CJ

I still haven't watched S2. I did enjoy S1 from memory but I hardly recall what happened. There is just so much content out there.

11. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

We tried Santa Clarita Diet, made it to episode three before I said no more. But I hate fucking zombie crap. WHich is why I may not watch Game of Thrones either. I'll let my wife tell me how it ends.