The Grand Tour Season 3

Discussion in 'Television' started by DYohn, Jan 17, 2019.

1. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I think it premiers tonight on Amazon Prime...

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I just watched Season 2 of The Grand Tour and Season 25 of Top Gear back to back. It's interesting to see how the DNA of the one influences the other (and I think vice-versa now that they're both on a bit.)

Top Gear is much better than it was just after Clarkson, May, and Hammond left but the chemistry between those three is pretty hard to replicate. Also read the Amazon picked them up for Season 4 but without the tent and mostly just the epic trip type shows. I think the tent is still around for Season 3, but I'm not positive. I'll miss the even 10 minutes of car news they do each show, but that's been less and less every year in both versions of the show anyway, and the trips are of course the most fun part.

3. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Just finished the first episode of season 3. No celebrity segment, as the show primarily focuses on the Dodge Demon, Camaro ZL1 Exorcist, and the Ford Mustang RTR. I'm curious as to why not use a GT350 or 350R. Loved the McLaren Senna segment.
    It's your typical Top Gear/Grand Tour Formula, and how the changes for Season 4 will affect the show remains to be seen.
    Some light-hearted humor with a running gag regarding Richard Hammond's auto accidents. Plus I thought the end of the Car Racing segment was hilarious,ole cheatin asses.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    DYohn likes this.
  4. DYohn

I watch TGT because I love the three stooges Clarkson, Hammond and May. I never watch the new TG because I can't stand those hosts. For me it's a personality show that uses cars as a plot device.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

The Colombia special was fun...and interesting to watch with my young teenage girls :flushed:

DYohn likes this.
  6. DYohn

I liked the Columbia special. It was stupid smart instead of just stupid like some of their shenanigans... Edgar Hussein.

7. Jay Brown

With the second half of episode 2 I decided to get up and do some steps while the show played. How long was this episode? Lol I got almost 8000 steps during this segment.

"It won't turn the other way"... Click click click click click click click click

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DYohn likes this.
  8. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

8000 steps oh my.

9. Jay Brown

The latest episode was a bit of a let down, but the tribute to Jim Clark was amazing. It more than made up for the first portion of this episode.

10. Andrew Pratt

That was decent....this weeks though was the china special

11. Andrew Pratt

Tonights Mongolia special may well just rank in the top 2 or 3 Hamond/May/Clarkson shows of all time....maybe higher but I'm not willing to say that just yet after only one viewing but it is fantastic and quintessentially everything that makes the trio lovable.

DYohn likes this.