True Detective Season 3 (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Television' started by DustinDavis, Feb 27, 2019.

1. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

Season 1:
    Stupendous. Really amazing. Story, characters, direction.

Season 2:
    I can't even remember what happened.

Season 3:
    Had my doubts going in. It got so much good word of mouth. So it's with a heavy heart I have to say my reaction was "meh".

At the end of the day I just don't think there is much story there. And the way it ended...the last episode really seemed like a waste of time to me, or that we could have spaced the events out in a much more compelling way. Instead ended basically like an episode of Murder, She Wrote. Last 5 minutes is the culprit spilling everything and all the reasons why because we gotta wrap this up before commercial. Except here the last 5 minutes still left us wasting time for another 20 minutes on "the twist"...which I guess was supposed to make it compelling and memorable.

I also don't appear to be as enamored with Mahershala Ali as everyone else. His performance here is mostly stoic, which I don't think is a great acting achievement. And l got so tired of struggling to hear his baritone mumbling, I just stopped asking myself "what did he just say?" after a couple of episodes.

So...you could watch this. If you want.

DYohn likes this.
  2. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I share your opinions. Well said.