When I think of EDC...

Discussion in 'Everyday Carry (EDC)' started by Stefan, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Stefan

Stefan Active Member

As usual, haven't checked the forum in a while. But from time to time I look. I noticed this EDC forum and I immediately thought of guns. At least that's what I think of with the phrase EDC. Because I work at a school, and I spend a lot of time in Md, I cannot EDC a gun. But as a Pa. resident I do have a license to carry a concealed firearm. So, although not everyday, when I carry I carry my 9mm Sig P365. As you can see, it's pretty small. But with this mag I can get 10 rounds. I have a 12 round mag where my pinky will be on the grip. Nice gun. Wondering if anyone else carries?

Stefan IMG_5064.jpeg

2. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

I do not feel the need to have or even EDC one. Since you asked, would you EDC a gun or feel the need to if you only moved about in PA? I grew up with guns in the home and my father's .25 Fenner Browning always loaded in an unlocked drawer. Went target shooting but never hunting.

3. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

I own pistols, but have not fired them in many years. I keep a 20 gauge assault shotgun in my bedroom as well as a 38 pistol. I think loaded is the operative word.

4. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I detest people carrying guns in public. The only people who should do that are those with a real need, like couriers or legitimate security people. Seeing people carrying here in AZ always makes me wonder about their self-image and penis size.

And yes, I am a gun owner. But the only time they leave my house is if I'm taking them to the range.

5. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I agree (don't own a gun but may get one eventually) - reminds me of this cartoon
    'Do you carry this huge gun because you have a very small penis?' - CartoonStock -

DYohn likes this.
  6. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I admire your bluntness even more than your philosophy David. :grin: Want to host the Golden Globes next year? Gervais says he's finished.

Phil A and DYohn like this.
  7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member

I don't own any guns but plan to get one eventually as well as a permit for concealed carry. In my opinion anyone who walks around with a firearm visibly on their person is a target and are just asking to be shot first.